Dr. Xiping Zhan, Ph.D.
Office Location: 413 Sheeley G. Mudd Building
Office Telephone: (202) 806 - 9700
Laboratory Location: 413 Sheeley G. Mudd Building
2518 Numa Adams Building
Laboratory Telephone: (202) 806 - 9700
(202) 806 - 9796
A.D. Huanggang Normal University (1986)
Ph.D. East China Normal University (1999)
Postdoctoral Fellow, Fudan Uninversity (1999 - 2001),
Johns Hopkins University (2001 - 2008)
Georgetown University (2008 - 2009)
Paralimbic system in modulation of tinnitus
Neural mechanisms for essential tremor
Basal forebrain in modulation of attention
Human neurons derived from iPS cells
Grants and Funding Award
Hearing Heath Foundation ERG Award (2015 - 2016)
- Sagal Chaim, Xiping Zhan, Jinchong Xu, Jessica Tilghman, Senthilkumar Karuppagounder, Li Chen, Valina L. Dawson, Ted M. Dawson, John Laterra and Mingyao Ying (2014): Proneural transcription factor Atoh1 drives highly efficient differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells into dopaminergic neurons. Stem Cells Translational Medicine, June 5, 3(8): 888- 898.
- Xiping Zhan, Pingbo Ying, Thomas Heinbockel (2013): Basal forebrain modulates spontaneous activity of principal cells in the olfactory bulb in anaesthetized Mice, Frontiers in Neural Circuits, Sept 03, 7(148):1-10.
- Xiping Zhan, Werner M. Graf (2012): Harmaline attenuates voltage-sensitive Ca2+ currents in neurons of the inferior olive. Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dec 11, 15(5):657-668.
- Xiping Zhan, David K. Ryugo (2007): Projections of the lateral reticular nucleus to the cochlear nucleus in rats. Journal of Comparative Neurology.Oct 10; 504(5):583-98.
- Xiping Zhan, Tan Pongstaporn, David K. Ryugo (2006): Projections of the second cervical dorsal root ganglion to the cochlear nucleus in rats. Journal of Comparative Neurology. May 20; 496(3):335-48.